Are You Down to Run with Us?
Grab your running shoes and join the Down Syndrome Association of West Michigan at the 42nd annual River Bank Run on Saturday, May 11, 2019. DSAWM is thrilled to announce that we were selected as a charity partner for the 2019 event, so now when you run—or walk—you have the opportunity to support our organization! If you would like to join our team, you are asked to raise $100 to support the Down Syndrome Association’s Member Assistance Fund. 100% of the funds you raise will go towards providing our members with adaptive devices, therapy sessions, camp scholarships, and many more needs that our families might not be able to afford otherwise. Your money will directly impact a person with Down syndrome’s life for the better! This is an exciting opportunity for us and we can’t wait to cross that finish line with you!
DSAWM River Bank Run Team Perks
- A pair of John’s Crazy Socks – a man with Down syndrome who started his own sock company. George Bush Sr. wore a pair of these socks to his wife’s funeral, making national news.
- A runner goodie bag complete with swag, snacks, and more.
- Exclusive training events with some of our members to help you cross the finish line.
- And more…!
How to Register on DSAWM’s River Bank Run Team
- Visit the official River Bank Run registration site. *Registration is now open!
- When signing up for your event (5k run, 5k walk, 10k, 25k relay, or 25k), you will be given an option to join a team. Find and select Down Syndrome Association of West Michigan River Bank Run Team under existing teams.
- Once signed up, set up a fundraiser on the Donation page. Select Down Syndrome Association of West Michigan in the Support a Charity drop-down and set your fundraising goal to $100. *So long as you join our team when registering, you may run with us. However, only the funds raised through the fundraiser page will support DSAWM, so we strongly encourage you to set up a fundraiser.*
- Share your fundraiser with family, friends, and fellow runners!
- Once you hit $100 (and please feel free to raise more!), the awesome perks above are yours!